Electric Crossroads...

93rdcurrent

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.timlorphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A shot I took a couple of days ago during the last snow storm we had.

Attachments

• $Electric Crossroads 1.jpg
    $Electric Crossroads 1.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 85
I was thinking of the power lines and power poles all lined up and intersecting with the neon, metal hailide and lights in the background emphaising my thought... hence Electric Crossroads.

oh, I gotcha.

Was this shot handheld? The lines are blurry and the neon signs are completely unreadable. You need a tripod with a night shot like this, unless you can bump your ISO up to like 3200 or so, but even then, your shot will be extremely noisy and may still be too dark. I recommend a tripod while using a timer or cable release (even if you had a tripod and you physically pressed the shutter, that is enough pressure to cause movement during the exposure), that way you can use ISO 100 and get really sharp night shots.

Also, now that you mention it, it could be a pretty neat concept with the lines, but watch out for your composition - maybe a crop just to the left of the neon so you just get that near the border - but the biggest thing is you need a sharper image.

I have a tripod and remote trigger but I was shooting out of the car window since the snow was coming down so hard at the time that I would have had a big blurry mess all over my lens. Gotta choose the lesser of evils sometimes. I had my ISO bumped up to 800 to help that night and you're right any higher and it would have ruined the shot.

Most reactions

Back