Email notification links for subscribed threads not working well since site upgrade

Buckster

In memoriam
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ever since the site upgrade, the links in the email notifications for subscribed threads have been a bit wonky for me.

Used to be that the link would take me straight to the most recently made post that I hadn't yet seen.

Now, it takes me to the first page of the thread, loads that entirely, then takes me to the page of the thread where the newest post I haven't seen is, but doesn't load it to that post, only leaves me at the top of that page, whereupon it's up to me to figure out what I've read and not read yet.

Don't know if this matters, or if it should, but I'm using Firefox 13.0.1

Sure would be great if it worked like it used to.

I see that it's the same when I click on a blue arrow next to a thread (indicating that it has new posts since my last visit to it).

Is it just me? Nobody else is having this issue?

Figured it out. It's the latest version of Firefox not playing nice with the forum setup here. I went back to an older version of Firefox and all is right and good again.

The latest version was giving me other problems as well, so going back to an earlier version solved them too. The newest version wasn't doing me any good, and the older version was serving me well and gave me no reason to upgrade anyway.

So, yeah...

I don't use firefox, but yet my emails take quite a while to actually inbox me. It usually ends up taking an hour

Guess I was wrong - it's still doing the same thing even on the earlier version of Firefox. I see there's some weirdness going on with the signatures running off the page, dropping below it, the LIKE button is shifted into some gutter on the right that doesn't seem to belong there...

I'm guessing there's some growing pains with the recent site/BB upgrade, and that it'll all get straightened out over time. Till then, just a little crying over the loss of the functionality I've come to know and love here, but not too much. I can work with it.

Most reactions

Back