Email password.

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I thought I was being really good about saving passwords, till I hit a roadblock. The email saved in my vault, doesn't work, and the app has it xx'd out. to many tries trying to guess, and now $%^&^ ATT locked the account. Anyone know how to backdoor the password in an email client?:icon_pissedoff:

What specific application and operating system?

Windows 11, Microsoft 360, Outlook.

For many years I have used Password.... :encouragement:
I

I use a password vault, but the account is several years old. The password saved isn't working, leading me to believe it got changed and not recorded. ATT is not user friendly. Their site (If you can even get it to load), doesnt offer much assistance in password recovery.

Win 11, O365 and Outlook, (newer) are virtually impossible to get into without the correct password. ATT you can call and eventually get someone to help but you need the account number, PIN number, and answers to the security questions. Good luck.

Win 11, O365 and Outlook, (newer) are virtually impossible to get into without the correct password. ATT you can call and eventually get someone to help but you need the account number, PIN number, and answers to the security questions. Good luck.
Yeah, that's what I'm finding. Right now I'm locked out of it for to many attempts. It may be easier to just go with a new address (somewhere besides ATT).

Yeah, that's what I'm finding. Right now I'm locked out of it for to many attempts. It may be easier to just go with a new address (somewhere besides ATT).
I’ve switched to outlook.com from gmail. Seems I’m getting less spam from them than google.

Here's an update to the lost password issue. In my password vault I had a "security key" in the notes. replacing the password with the security key automatically signed me in. Would have been nice if ATT told me I could use the security key two days ago.

Smoke. pleased that you are sorted.... passwords are a nightmare

Last edited:
Glad you got it figured out.

I have so many darned things and places that require passwords, I can't keep up with them. I finally got a password manager and the issues have been minimal, mainly on individual phone apps. The manager works seamlessly with the browsers but for phone apps, I sometimes have to open the manager app, too, and copy/paste.

The big problem I have now are the notifications of "duplicate password" and "weak password."

@snowbear I've been using a password vault for several years. It worked great, even has an autofill button that will paste your login credentials and sign you in. Unfortunately many banking sites have started preventing you from pasting login information. Now the latest is two step authentication where you have to enter a code they email or text to you.

@snowbear I've been using a password vault for several years. It worked great, even has an autofill button that will paste your login credentials and sign you in. Unfortunately many banking sites have started preventing you from pasting login information. Now the latest is two step authentication where you have to enter a code they email or text to you.
Yeah - we have the two-step at work, Microsoft Authenticator. If you have to restore your phone from scratch, you have to call the County's tech support to get the phone re-initialized on Authenticator, otherwise you can't do anything. It's a PITA.

Which vault are you using? I have LastPass; used the free version for a while, then bought the paid version last year.

Which vault are you using
I've been using KeePass for a number of years. It's an open source software.

One thing I do is over the years I regularly ask DW to repeat the master key, so that if something happens to me, she'll be able to access the passwords

oh modern tech.. drives you nuts. I have a paper book with pass words in.
i dont use the save password option and have different ones for each thing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back