Emailed images and they look desaturated and basically look like crap! Help!

I have found the same problems when sending photographs through emails. I process my shots in photoshop Elements 10 and yet, what I see on my screen and what pops up when I add it to an email are completely different.Even though, they are both being viewed on the same monitor. The shot in the email is desaturated and looks "dead" (colour and vibrance missing).

The problem with this is that I have a photo competition coming up and the only way to submit shots is via email and, I am concerned that the judges aren't going to see what I am seeing in Elements. At first I thought that the problem may have been my monitor but after printing the suspect photo's (both on my machine and at a commercial outlet) they were pretty close to the mark. And yet, I find that the problem still persists with the bloody emails.

I can't afford to rip any more hair out but this is really starting to concern me.:grumpy:

If your monitor is not calibrated and you are using a colorspace other than sRGB the images you submit will look nothing like what is on your computer.
The mozilla suite of software is color managed and will always render your images correctly if you are using sRGB.

Most reactions

Back