EMERGENCY!

I want to do something as you described. I would like to have 2 1TB hard drives and set them up as a RAID 1 (mirrored). I have seen some dual drive raid 1 setups (ex. G-SAFE, Guardian MAXimus eMax and MyBook Mirror edition) all in one enclosure. Is there such a hardware device out there that allows you to plug in a pair or more of hard drives and use them in a hot swappable raid 1 config?

Yes, it is called a thread jacking. :lol:

I did the scavenge that you described, and it returned error 2159.

I had a similar issue with my Seagate drive not mounting. The problem started when the power kept going out and back on before I could get to the drive and turn it off. The drive would turn off because the power went out, and then while still spinning down it'd start up again and remount to the Mac. It did this a few times and finally refused to mount.

Figuring the HDD was done for anyways, I used Disk Utility to do a simple erase and then the drive mounted! I used this software to recover the data. I'm not sure if it'll get the LR catalog file, but it'll recover the photos if they are on the disk. They also have a cheaper "photo only" recovery software.

The only problem is though that when the Mac system erases a disk, it doesn't save the file names with the information, so when you recovery the data the new filename is just a string of numbers (I think it's the location the data is at on the disk).

Most reactions

Back