Emotional Inducement

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Me and my grand-daughter decided to go out to a local dry lake and put the "FUN" in dysFUNctional. The playa is broad and flat and very dry. She's 16 and doesn't have her license, so I let her drive because it's a good place to practice.

After an hour or so we stopped and I pulled out the camera for some experiments with the longish late-in-the-day shadows. The photos I had in mind didn't come out the way I was hoping, so I decided to shoot some snaps of my beautiful little girl.

I shot a few, and they came out cute and pretty enough. But I kept thinking of some of the wonderful work I've seen on this site and thought maybe I could try to get something with some emotional depth to it.

My grand-daughter loves me very much, and we always have a great time. Now happy is an emotion, but in the shots I take of her, well we've done that to death. I wanted something different though.

I asked her to look sad. That didn't work. I asked to go a step further and maybe she could try to look like she was crying. I just couldn't seem to get it out of her- She's just too happy to be with me.

I remembered a little story about a child actor- The director wanted realism for the scene, so he told the lad his mother had called and said his dog had escaped from the house, ran into the street, and was hit by a car. The dog had been hurt, and had been taken to the animal hospital. He could go see it after this scene. The kid cried through his preformance as expected. Afterwards they told him it was just a story and they had the dog there on the lot. The dog came running up to the kid and all was well.

Now I really wanted an emotional photo. I'm not all that swift at this stuff so I asked her to sit, I had some important and bad news for her.

I whispered in her ear, "I killed your puppy."

That came out kind of wrong. I'm soooo clumsy ...

The normally smiling little sunshiny face changed, she started bawling.

I snapped the picture:
347c4103.jpg

She certainly was crying away. This wasn't what I wanted.

I felt sort of bad. I went up and softly whispered in her ear, "I'm sorry sweetheart, I didn't kill your puppy."

She looked up at me with those big blue watery eyes.

I continued, "Grandma did."

Now she was really going at it. Rivers of tears ran from her tiny face and down her arms and legs. That, was what I wanted!

I snapped another shot.

It was overexposed though and ain't worth showing here.

(Disclaimer: no dogs/puppies or kids were hurt physically or emotionally during this photo. the entire story is fictional and thank you to my beautiful grand-daughter and wife for giving me there permission to post this bit of B.S.)

:lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol:

Oh my god!! That was horribly funny!!!!!!

:thumbup: Thnx.

Rofl! "Grandma did."

Dude that's just wrong lol.

Rofl! "Grandma did."

Dude that's just wrong lol.

The last minute edits are always the best :)

I did enjoy that story. I hope your granddaughter is happy again!!!!! :)

Thank you. We're good, she's happy- and this little story is costing me a 4-day trip to the ocean. She wants a sun tan.

:lmao:

Oh my. You cruel, cruel man.

When I proof read the story to her, she looked at me stone-faced for a moment, smiled real big, then said, "Oh Papa, you could never make me cry."

Amazing how a slip of a girl like that can wrap a reasonably tough old man like me all the way around her little tiny finger.

Glad you enjoyed it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back