Empty glasses

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I bought some of my favourite "cafe-style" wine glasses the other day - they were ridiculously cheap - and on an overcast day I tried to get an original photograph of a couple of them. My kit was a macro lens, TTL flash, a sheet of white vinyl for the background, and a sheet of white fibreboard to reflect the flash. Fairly extensive PP.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Wine-glasses-2.jpg

Very, very nice.
I don't know if you are aware that, if you convert the image profile sRGB in PS and then save as JPG (as opposed to saving for Web), the image will keep all the imbedded EXIF so that we can read the details of your shot directly.

cool shot. i like the reflections of the glass on the right inside the glass on the left.

Thanks for the feedback all. Yes, I do know about Exif being saved with PS "Save" and not with "Save for Web". Maybe it's the fact that I've never looked at anyone else's Exif that makes me wonder why anyone wants to look at mine :wink:. I've been shooting SLRs for 30+ years and DSLRs for 2 years, so perhaps I forget about folks who want to learn using this method. On the other hand, I always shoot in RAW, have EV permanently set at -0.3, often bump it to -0.7 or -1.0, and shoot Olympus to boot. Is my Exif going to be of interest to many?

Woodsac, the blue hue in this image came about through manipulating Curves. This deepened an existing blue cast, accentuated the shadows, and gave a "liquid" feel to the shot, all of which I liked.

Regards, Tony

The_Traveler said:
Very, very nice.
I don't know if you are aware that, if you convert the image profile sRGB in PS and then save as JPG (as opposed to saving for Web), the image will keep all the imbedded EXIF so that we can read the details of your shot directly.

yup, you're right.
the lighting was good.

Brilliant.
Yes, I too, like the blue hue (and not only because my sentence rhymes so well ;)).
And I think I can see some of your described set-up reflected in the glass that is lying on the table.
I wish I were as creative at all ... ever.

Most reactions

Back