Reaction score
Website
www.takingthepic.com
_MG_6197.jpg

_MG_6209.jpg

C&C Welcome.
TFL.
Ken.

I love the first one! Your eye is drawn to the top left and bottom right, great interesting shot

Hi there!
I definitely prefer the first shot, it has great tones and contrast and the atmosphere is just right. The only thing I really find distracting, is that "black hole" in the sky. You should have approached that differently, if possible. It looks like it just doesn't belong here.
Apart from that, great shot.

The second one stretches too close to my (your) feet for my taste. It's a bit of an odd perspective.

Sebastian

Hi there!
The only thing I really find distracting, is that "black hole" in the sky.

+1

The photo conveys the atmosphere of the station very well, but the black hole is "sucking in" the eye, and a lot of the atmosphere gets lost. It's a bit too surreal for my taste.
It leaves my with two questions:
1. Why is the black hole black? What kind of PP did you apply and why?
2. Was there a way of getting more of the station in the reflection (shooting from a higher angle)? Might have made the photo more interesting.

Hope that helps.

The first one is totally killer! I like the processing a lot. This is the second series I've seen today @f/8 that has great depth.

Thanks for sharing- now I gottago learn even more stuff than I had to learn before.

+1

The photo conveys the atmosphere of the station very well, but the black hole is "sucking in" the eye, and a lot of the atmosphere gets lost. It's a bit too surreal for my taste.

+1 there too... LOVE the first image except for the hole

ETA: actually, without the hole and a crop, you bring the rule of thirds more into play as so:
20080521-rdejm5hf2urgx5wg1j4bigxc31.jpg

personally I like the original better than that edit but that is just me.....but it made me recognize that I think the photo could use a slight rotation clockwise a few degress

Thank guy's I really appreciate all the comments......Many thanks!

The only thing I really find distracting, is that "black hole" in the sky. You should have approached that differently, if possible. It looks like it just doesn't belong here.

The second one stretches too close to my (your) feet for my taste. It's a bit of an odd perspective.

Sebastian

Thanks Sebastian, It was the break in the clouds that actually drew me to this shot. I don't often see in black & white but immediately new that this could have a strange eerie feel with the empty station the reflection and the hole in the sky. It's also given me an idea for another shot (when the conditions are similar) so i'm rather thankful of that.

It leaves my with two questions:
1. Why is the black hole black? What kind of PP did you apply and why?
2. Was there a way of getting more of the station in the reflection (shooting from a higher angle)? Might have made the photo more interesting.

Hope that helps.

Surreal is what I went for and the kid of shots i'd like to achieve.
1. PP is just a channel mix to b/w, because I sometimes like to turn the blue of the sky to black!
2. I doubt it....but also I would have lost that break in the clouds, which as I said above was the reason for taking this shot.
There seems to be a fair split over who likes the inclusion of the hole in the sky and those that don't......I'm happy with that.

The second shot I probably should have posted on it's own. I know it's a strange crop and maybe a little over sharpened in the foreground but again I like it.
Thanks again for all the comments
Ken.

Most reactions

Back