TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.takingthepic.com
Waterfall%20latest.jpg

Waterfall%20finished%20copy%202.jpg

TFL.
Ken.

The sun coming through the trees at the top makes the top part of the photo seem a little washed out. Not quite the calibur Im used to seeing from one of your images, but I still like it a lot.

The water has a nice motion effect as usual. Did you blur and use a blending mode with this?

Very nice.

NJ

I disagree, the sun's brightness adds another dimension to the photo and fills the sky space well, adding more interest to the shot. Also its not washing out anything important.
I like the colours in this version ken, good job. :thumbup:

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I was a little unsure on this one and still am I suppose....Which is why I posted and hoped you'd help me out here.

The sun coming through the trees at the top makes the top part of the photo seem a little washed out. Not quite the calibur Im used to seeing from one of your images, but I still like it a lot.

The water has a nice motion effect as usual. Did you blur and use a blending mode with this?

Very nice.

NJ

I disagree, the sun's brightness adds another dimension to the photo and fills the sky space well, adding more interest to the shot. Also its not washing out anything important.
I like the colours in this version ken, good job. :thumbup:

Thanks njman and Archie.....
I kind of agree with both of you here :lol:. I think NJ is right about the flare being a little too much but the light was deliberate to add that other dimension Archie talks of.
I have added a re-processed version, still not sure but if anyone has any thoughts on these I'd love to hear them.

The first btw was an hdr (3 shots) and the re-processed is just from a single shot.

Thanks again.
Ken.

The first btw was an hdr (3 shots) and the re-processed is just from a single shot.

I like the second. I think it's because the shot seems a bit richer to me.

I think I like the second shot better too. Now that I look at them both, I almost want to say that HDR wasnt even really necessary. You achieved beautiful tones and color with just 1 exposure. But they both have their good qualities.

Thanks for sharing both for comparison! Good learning experience. :)

NJ

Most reactions

Back