Encoding camera setting on photos

nhilcissistic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone!

I'm really curious how photographers get to "encode" their camera's setting on each photo they take. To give an example, whenever I go to a website where they teach you how to adjust your camera's setting, they show a sample of each photograph and on the bottom , they indicate the range of their lens, their fstop setting, shutter speed, and ISO. Do they manually take note of the settings that they use for each photo or in a way "encode" it in the photo and view it in some later time?

I'm using a Nikkon d5500, so if that's something I can set my camera to do, please tell me.

Thanks a lot!

(P.S. I'm new to this forum so i'm not sure if im posting this question on the right board. If not, I am so sorry.)

Digital cameras automatically put that metadata into the image file, you don't need to do anything.

Your camera already does that.

Digital cameras automatically put that metadata into the image file, you don't need to do anything.

I see. So how do you normally view it once you are on your computer?

Usually, the software that comes with the camera can view it. Otherwise, www.opanda.com

Even Windows can see most of it. Right-click the image file and pick Properties, then go to the Details tab.

I use the addon for Firefox.

For my own images, my Nikon software displays that.

Most reactions

Back