End of an era.

Torus34

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Eastman Kodak announced today that they will stop making Kodachrome.

I know nothing is forever, but it's still sad to see some things go. Many of us old geezers first saw the world in color through Kodachrome.

Wonder how long Dwanes is still going to process the film??? I still have about 10 rolls left. :meh:

Processing will be available "at least until 31/12/2010", according to the Kodak press release. Kodachrome was still being cut and spooled from the master roll as recently as last week, and Kodak say that at the current rate of sales stocks will last until early autumn. I ordered 20 rolls as soon as I heard the news from the Kodachrome Project this morning, and I've already got 15 to hand, so that should keep me going. I may buy more, just in case - there's nothing like this kind of announcement to drive up sales.

Anyone who has never shot Kodachrome and has a 35mm camera, there is still time -18 months is a long wake and everyone can take part. I started my own project a few months ago, reshooting some Cushman Kodachromes from the early '60s (I'll post a link to my stuff if anyone expresses an interest). Anyway, I've got time to finish that and do a couple of other things I have in mind.

Kevin

Most reactions

Back