End Of Year (photo heavy)

They are all awesome, but I kinda like the Heron liftoff.

Scott, these are very nice. I think I like #10 the best of the lot though. That bird is definitely showing attitude! :lol:

WesternGuy

#9 is awesome!! well done
Thanks, I appreciate the comment. He (or she!) was really singing up a storm that morning. The mate was across the lake and they were calling back and forth to each other. I watched this one for a little while and it was always the same call (same inflection and same number of chirps) and answered similarly by the other. This one finally took off and headed across the lake to where the other was calling from.

They are all awesome, but I kinda like the Heron liftoff.
Thanks, Brian. I sort of liked that one as well. It's a little different perspective than most heron shots I've taken. I kept creeping closer and eventually enough was enough so he took off and headed across the lake. They make a squawking sound that really gives the impression that they are not at all happy when they are disturbed and forced to fly away to ;)

Scott, these are very nice. I think I like #10 the best of the lot though. That bird is definitely showing attitude! :lol:
Thanks, WG. I have to agree, this one is definitely not happy with me at all. It kept hopping from one branch to another and giving me that evil eye ;)

I was a little disappointed with the noise in those. They were shot at ISO 800 so I expected cleaner images.

Nice stuff, Scott! I've been shooting an awful lot of songbirds as well, mostly from out my window because it's been either too cold or too rainy for bird treks.

You got a terrific shot of that sandhill! I didn't get anything nearly that good out of the trip, but enjoyed it tremendously nonetheless.

Very nice shots.
Thank you! Much appreciated.

Nice stuff, Scott! I've been shooting an awful lot of songbirds as well, mostly from out my window because it's been either too cold or too rainy for bird treks.

You got a terrific shot of that sandhill! I didn't get anything nearly that good out of the trip, but enjoyed it tremendously nonetheless.

Thanks, Sharon. Yeah, it has been rainy and messy the past few weeks. I have managed to get out and walk each day I've been off but some of them the camera stayed home since it was raining pretty hard.

That is my favorite of all the Sandhill shots I took. I wish it didn't have that grass on its bill but I didn't feel like cloning it out either. I've got some other similar shots without the grass on the bill but the underwing area on them is pretty underexposed.

It was a great trip and I had a blast. Thanks for having me along!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back