Endangered.

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here in southern Ontario the Emerald Ash Borer is killing off all the ash trees. I have quite a few here that have planted over 38 years. Here are some I planted about 10 years ago.

P1070824sm.jpg

It is only a matter of time till we lose them all. :(

Info @ this link:

Canadian Food Inspection Agency - Emerald Ash Borer - Agrilus planipennis

I don't know a lot about the problem, but I know it's a concern here in Illinois as well. My problem the last few years has been the Japanese Beetle, I've lost a couple of trees, but it looks like I may have it under control this year. I've been aggressive with spraying the trees to kill the adult beetles, as well as treating the ground in early spring to kill the grubs before they mature into adult beetles. Isn't there any way of killing them off once they infect a tree?

I have about 50 oak in my yard and they all caught some oak disease and all are dying. We bought the house a yr ago :( bummer is loosing them all

I have about 50 oak in my yard and they all caught some oak disease and all are dying. We bought the house a yr ago :( bummer is loosing them all

I remember driving the Blue Ridge mountains parkway south from Front Royal years ago & seeing miles after miles of dead Oaks, sad indeed.

It is really sad to hear about anything facing extinction. Hopefully something cam be done before it is too late. If nothing else mabey keeping the seeds safe so future generations can plant them could work.

This world is losing plants and animals every day, it's really a tragic thing when all that is left are photos and museum pieces. There are so many factors with everything, plants being affected by the banning of pesticides, insects breeding because someone decided that it was wrong to control them with spraying, wind farms are responsible for the deaths of 10's of thousands birds every year, many are on the verge of extinction and yet idiots like Al Gore and David Suziki making money off their "hidden agenda" keep pushing for more.

I could add more about all these environmentalists but it would take pages. So lets just say I don't buy what they are selling.

Most reactions

Back