engagement photo

hqphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hqphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is an engagement photo that I took. This was from my 2nd engagement photo shoot ever. What do you think?

IMG_2727.JPG

I'm not seeing the image...:scratch:

well, it's not bad... seems to be rather sharp. I'm definitely not a fan of his shirt, the stripes are rather distracting.

Anyway, my thought when I look at the pose is that it's a little odd. It looks to me as though she's huge and he's really little. I think it would help if both of their heads were at more similar levels.

Other little things are that her right hand is OOF, also with female's hands it is often a good idea to have them move their fingers together... otherwise it can end up looking like a claw (not that it really did here... just a tidbit of info)

Finally, I'm not sure what lens you used, but I'm guessing it was in the 18-55 range and you were pretty close. I think it would look better with a looser crop (being careful about the background of course)

Anyway, my thought when I look at the pose is that it's a little odd. It looks to me as though she's huge and he's really little. I think it would help if both of their heads were at more similar levels.

Finally, I'm not sure what lens you used, but I'm guessing it was in the 18-55 range and you were pretty close. I think it would look better with a looser crop (being careful about the background of course)

I tend to agree with this...the two subjects seem to be similar in height and, as a result, her being on his lap makes her look huge.

And for whatever reason, and maybe this is just me, but it looks like he's getting ready to cop a feel on the left side.

The exposure and color all look very nice to me. Overall, good shot. :) If I were to add anything, perhaps a little bit of a diffused glow in PP?

My biggest thought goes along with the copping of the feel on the left side. Probably not the image they want to hang on the wall forever.... Hey, look at dad... he is going to...

Other than that I like it. Just an unfortunate example of how things are missed when taking pictures. I took an outdoor shot once and didn't even notice the rabbit jump through the background area until I was back at the computer later. Cute, but still had to PS him out!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back