Engagement pics

morganleigh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been doing photography for 2 months now. I'd love some constructive critism on some engagement pics I took last weekend.

eIMG_0990.jpg

eIMG_0815.jpg

bwIMG_0904.jpg

1) I like the Idea, could have been a bit stronger with one of them looking at the camera or both looking at each other.

2) Looks like you missed the focus on this one, nice idea, but the focus looks like it is a foot or 2 in front of them. ( I would love to see you try this again)

3) Very Nice!

1) I like the Idea, could have been a bit stronger with one of them looking at the camera or both looking at each other.

i do have those variations, but this one was my favorite. i will be returning to that spot again.

2) Looks like you missed the focus on this one, nice idea, but the focus looks like it is a foot or 2 in front of them. ( I would love to see you try this again)

oh, i totally see that now. the books in front of them are in focus. I really need more practice with my focusing. I just miss sometimes. I think I rush myself when I am working with people. I'm going out to work on the same areas with no people to get the technical stuff down.

thanks for the feedback!

here are a few more that might be better
bw2IMG_0810.jpg

bwIMG_0988.jpg

eIMG_0828.jpg

#3 on the first post is my favorite!

I like the book idea, it is new, well I haven't seen it done yet:) Just one question...how old are they??

I like the book idea, it is new, well I haven't seen it done yet:) Just one question...how old are they??

late 20s. we you thinking too young to be engaged? looks can be deceiving.

we stopped in the library for an outfit change. The book stacks seemed appropriate since they are both grad students. I'm going to go back alone & work on my phtogoraphy in the lighting there. it can be a really cool spot for pictures if I can get it right.

Yup, number 3 on the first post is very well done. You might try dodging the couple just a little to brighten them up.

thanks for the tip! i plan on spending some time with their favorite pics doing some more editing. i will try that.

#3 in the first post is the best! Well done on that one, you have a lot of potential ;) #1 is nice but I like the other shot from that location (the black and white one you posted)

#3 in the first post is the best! Well done on that one, you have a lot of potential ;) #1 is nice but I like the other shot from that location (the black and white one you posted)

I took a bunch in that window. I'll go back & see if one is better than #1. I really liked that one, but it doesn't seem to appeal to others like it did me. i'll see if there is one with more chemistry between them.

Most reactions

Back