Engagement session, Parade, Ideas

beckyh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sdactionsports.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure if this is the right place for this...

Ok, so my home town of 350 people is celebrating it's 125 anniversary the first part of June. The same day as the parade, i have an engagment session.
After talking to the bride-to-be, it sounds like they want to go to the parade. (which is wonderful, that way i can see my family in the parade as well). (Oh yeah, i live 4 1/2 hours away from my family and this couple)

I have come up with a couple of ideas, but does anyone have any ideas on how i can work the parade and this cute couple to my advantage?

The past parades have been kind of small, but beings it's the 125 ann. it should be bigger. There should be a lot of tractors, horses and hopefully some sweet old cars.
Thanks for your thoughts and ideas in advance!

Unless you can get to the parade at the begining or the end, I would stay away from trying to shoot any engagement pics there. Mainly because, if you can get there at the begining or the end you can get shots of them with the tractors, or old cars or whatever else, but during the parade, you can't just make them stop and say hold it right there while we shoot some pictures. That's just my opinion on it, maybe someone else will have some better ideas for you.

The hint of being there at the start is important. Some parades get ready as much as 30-60 minutes in advance.

If you could get permission for the couple to get on a few of the key floats or tractors or whatever (their personalities will help you decide where they will look their best), you could have way more backdrops than you have room for pics on your storage card... if you play your cards right!

The theme of the engagement event should also play into the kinds of pics you will do.

I am so full of ideas, I could likely write a book... but thebest ideas will come if you talk to the happy couple and get to know their personalities and reflect that right back to them via pictures that show it off best.

The hint of being there at the start is important. Some parades get ready as much as 30-60 minutes in advance.

If you could get permission for the couple to get on a few of the key floats or tractors or whatever (their personalities will help you decide where they will look their best), you could have way more backdrops than you have room for pics on your storage card... if you play your cards right!

The theme of the engagement event should also play into the kinds of pics you will do.

I am so full of ideas, I could likely write a book... but thebest ideas will come if you talk to the happy couple and get to know their personalities and reflect that right back to them via pictures that show it off best.

Yup what he said.

Most reactions

Back