Engagement Set at Brazos Bend Park, Texas. Ridiculous natural light!

TheoGraphics

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.theo-graphics.com
Recently shot these out at Brazos Bend State Park here near Houston. We had some absolutely amazing natural light that day, I wish every session could be like this one!

You can see the entire set on my blog: http://theo-graphics.com/blog/downing-engagement/

1-X3.jpg

3-X3.jpg

6-X3.jpg

5-X3.jpg

9-X3.jpg

10-X3.jpg

13-X3.jpg

16-X3.jpg

18-X3.jpg

19-X3.jpg

20-X3.jpg

21-X3.jpg

24-X3.jpg

27-X3.jpg

28-X2.jpg

30-X2.jpg

You can watch the slideshow video here if you'd like:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that professional wedding photography ? Really ?

I like #14 the best.

If they are getting paid then yes. Does it matter? Can one not get paid for their work?

As long as someone is charging based on the quality of the images they produce.......

way too many posted to really go through and critique. just on a scroll through though, bunch could have benefited from some fill flash, some very blown out backgrounds, and a few towards the end looked underexposed. I liked most of the posing (except the shots with the couple on the road)
the B&W of her in the field was very nice.

No, it's engagement photography as mentioned in the title.
Is that a lower level of photography then wedding ? Well, as Jake said: Doesn't matter as long as the "creator" is paid, then it is a true professional whatever.
I am out of here.

No, it's engagement photography as mentioned in the title.
Is that a lower level of photography then wedding ? Well, as Jake said: Doesn't matter as long as the "creator" is paid, then it is a true professional whatever.
I am out of here.

It's not only "professional" it's also extremely good with excellent attention to shadow detail and natural color.

As with any set, some are better than others, and in this set some are really not very good. #3 is just kind of silly, #7 is overly sentimental, the color on #9 is good, the black and white, however, the processing work for me. Some of the more saturated, late afternoon images work, some don't. I especially like the top image in #11. The top image in #8 is very good, the boots are kind of goofy. #5 and #6 are all very, very good.

timor said:

Well first, it's clearly an engagement set as she's not wearing a white dress. Secondly, Theo's skills are pretty great even if this natural light may have some fill light needs.

But, I'm sure you're too busy shooting $35 portrait sessions with your D3000 and kit lens to recognize quality.

^^ I think people are just too attached to glossy magazine pages to realize that it's harder to achieve subtly than the "wow factor"

Nothing more cool then being an ass on the internet.
Maybe I treat photography differently, if that makes me an ass so be it. Thank's.

I'm willing to listen and learn here because I am not a pro and I have been wrong (or at least in the minority opinion) on too many occasions to feel superior to the opinions of others.

My thoughts are that these appear flat, overexposed and could use some serious adjustment to the levels of contrast. The colors appear washed out and the lighting, to me, is not well done. But again, tell me I am wrong and show me why because I'd see this as a learning experience...

Most reactions

Back