Engagement set - East TX

Here are my favorites from the rest of the title session. Again, please feel free to CC.

1. The prerequisite, and requested, newspaper shot

2. Probably my favorite shot of the session

3. Same shot, playing with textures and BW conversion

4. Cute, cheesy shot the bride requested

5. Candid

6. Different crop of previous porch shot

---

Hopefully, these will poll better than my first attempts in the thread. Thanks!

I don't really have any interest in bashing another pro's work on this forum. Unless there are fundamental flaws (comp, exposure, etc.) that I can critique, it all comes down to a difference in artistic vision.

A professional attitude goes far ;)

By and large I'm not overly excited by them. The big spaces over their heads seems a bit weird in most cases.

However, that last one made me smile. Was pretty cute.

I have to admit I don't understand what you were going for with these.
In #1 there is this huge space above the people's heads. The background is really bright, the people seem overbright and almost toneless.
In the B/W conversion,#3, her leg is glaring white and it looks like they're in a fire with a lot of smoke.

IMO, I would edit these quite a bit to get some color and lushness into them and fix the distracting backgrounds before showing them to the couple.

Lew

In general, I would say the main issue is the wardrobe. His shirt is pretty bright, and for the bride to be, I think these photos would have been more flattering had she been wearing sleaves and a shirt that wasn't so low-cut. Generally, our eyes will be drawn to the brightest part of a photo and that should usually be the face. While I understand that you can't always tell your client what to wear, you can usually give them some direction.

Looking back at the original set and your latest set, I think it was the faces in the center of the frame with a lot of dead space on top and the wardrobe that made me think of these as snapshots.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back