Engine Driver...

Did you risk your life to take it ? You must have been damn close to the tracks.
You are right, from picture alone I would have no idea that this is an engineer. It will be like a guy sticking out from some shed like structure. Picture itself very busy and has a interesting, kind of dreamy, atmosphere. No wonder you like it.

I like this photo very much! It all comes together for me: the surreal sky, the sense of motion with multiple elements moving in different directions, the angle of the engineer with his implied sense of attention ahead and his little wisp of wayward hair. Plus, where is the ground? Its apparent absence gives me the feeling that the train is headed into a mysterious and fantastic unknown realm. Pretty neat effect!

Did you risk your life to take it ? You must have been damn close to the tracks.
You are right, from picture alone I would have no idea that this is an engineer. It will be like a guy sticking out from some shed like structure. Picture itself very busy and has a interesting, kind of dreamy, atmosphere. No wonder you like it.

No life risked. I was on the train. I leaned out, and leaned back in when I saw the driver lean back in...then I knew there was foliage coming close! :)

It is busy, but then it runs up the incline along the side of the mountains in Wales, through trees and cuttings. No wide open expanses for this railway. :)

I like this photo very much! It all comes together for me: the surreal sky, the sense of motion with multiple elements moving in different directions, the angle of the engineer with his implied sense of attention ahead and his little wisp of wayward hair. Plus, where is the ground? Its apparent absence gives me the feeling that the train is headed into a mysterious and fantastic unknown realm. Pretty neat effect!

Thank you. I liked it when I saw it on the LCD, but it's only now I am home that it really worked for me. My favourite of my week's holiday so far (other than the pics of the kids etc., naturally. :) )

It is busy, but then it runs up the incline along the side of the mountains in Wales, through trees and cuttings. No wide open expanses for this railway. :)
How old is this line ? Still steam engine ?

Most reactions

Back