Enhancing blue skies?

manella the reason why yours just doesnt work is because the sky is bright blue and every other part of the photo has a brown colorcast.

He didn't ask to have the whole picture enhanced just the sky so thats all I did. To be honest I like the sky in the original, it suits the photo in my opinion --lenny

Here's my try at it... 1st thing is to only capture the sky area with your magnetic lasso, then I enhanced the colors a bit by adding color and saturation. I did a little cloning and smudging to bring out the clouds more. I cleaned the window spots. And lastly I just did a little overall Mikes Velvia to the photo.

Let me know what you think.

But like everyone else suggested..get some ND Grad filters or a Polorizer Filter and that will help any time you take sky photos.

Trish

$dsc015018wf-copy.jpg

Make a new adjustment layer of a gradient fill (black to white) over the sky area. Change the blending mode to overlay and adjust the opacity to achieve the desired results. Viola! And since the gradient is on a layer, you can mask out where you don't want the gradient overlay to affect the image by painting black on the mask. ;)

this is only my opinion but macaslvr I think you need to check your tree line and see what all the black is about. Mark yours isn't bad but does look a little reddish.--Lenny

Which podcast was it? Title?
Thanks.:D

usndoc said:
Also, I watched a pretty cool tutorial that might work for this yesterday. It was a podcast of the "Russell Brown Show" I have not had a chance to try it on my photos as I was out all night fighting fire. But, from what he demonstrated it should work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back