What's new

Need Help Enhancing Digital Photos with Software

PhotoHobbyist127 153

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jan 18, 2021
Messages
572
Reaction score
1,283
Location
Georgia, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am trying to learn how to use all the controls in RawTherapee to enhance photos. The best brief video I've seen so far on lightroom workflow is below. I don't have a clue, but trying to figure out all the controls. Are there a other brief to-the-point tutorials than I could learn from?

 
Often, looking for specific actions or problem cures can help zero-in on what any given editing program can do for you.
 
I am trying to learn how to use all the controls in RawTherapee to enhance photos. The best brief video I've seen so far on lightroom workflow is below. I don't have a clue, but trying to figure out all the controls. Are there a other brief to-the-point tutorials than I could learn from?



 
I thin a huge problem is overthinking the process. I tried photoshop to start nd could not do the first thing with it! Went to a less expensive one and actually got it to work some. But changed computer's and program didn't work in the new computer. So looked on line for free programs and found Picasa 3. Won't do all the expensive programs do by a long shot but am able to enhance my photo's in it to where I generally like them and doesn't take a long time to do. Pretty simple stuff and it could still fail with over thinking. But I'm not a pro and have no illusions of ever becoming one so good enough for me is good enough for me! Probably those programs are great if you can learn to use them. Brother in Michigan learned photoshop really well but he was up till early mornings to many times trying to learn it. Then again he was a pro all his life and photo's were his livelihood! Turning a great hobby into a working business requires lots of extra work I'm simply not interested in. Then again there are lot's of people that would take it on just for the challenge! That ain't me either!!
 
Try Affinity Photo.
Maybe realise that the original image is right, and just think maybe a LITTLE fine adjustment.
You don't need magic.
 
I use Photoworks to edit RAWs because that's the aoftware I started with and they have tutorials right on their website, which is super convenient
How to Edit RAW Photos Like a Pro Without Photoshop

Andy Astbury has a playlist of tutorials explaining RawTherapee, so maybe check it out


Also yes, looking for a solution for a specific problem can help you choose the best program to use for it if you're willing to switch to something else.
 
I found programs like Raw Therapee and Dark Table and GIMP etc to be too complicated to use, the menu icons too small to see and just too many menus and sub menus. Try Photoscape X which is free and for a small price you can upgrade to Photoscape X Pro, it's a really easy to use program and will process RAW files
 
I’m with you, quite often my photos look worse.
I just need to spend more time.
Bought an IMac, at least the screen is bigger and easier to see than my IPad.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom