enjoy your young age...

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
when i was younger, sickness was almost nonexistent. now, it's like if i think about feeling bad i get something. a week ago i picked up the stomach flu...i am just getting around to where i can eat anything i want. before, i was completely over it in 12 - 24 hours. :grumpy:

I feel your pain. Glad you're better!

I prefer to think of stomach flu as a special quick weight-loss program. :mrgreen:

JonMikal said:
when i was younger, sickness was almost nonexistent. now, it's like if i think about feeling bad i get something. a week ago i picked up the stomach flu...i am just getting around to where i can eat anything i want. before, i was completely over it in 12 - 24 hours. :grumpy:

I'd rather have my eyeballs yanked out through my toes than have any, ANY kind of stomach disorder ... blech! Bless your heart, JonMikal!

But, when I was younger, not only did I get over things quickly ... if I even caught anything ... but I could survive on 2 hours of sleep each night for days and never feel the loss!

Now, when someone sneezes, I spray Lysol and cover them (and whatever they breathe on) in GermX. It all seems to just draaaaaag on for days!

I hate being old.:x

terri said:

I prefer to think of stomach flu as a special quick weight-loss program. :mrgreen:

we think alike. i trim down rather nicely for a bit :lmao:

PlasticSpanner said:
Strange you should mention this as I've had 2 colds now lasting over 3 weeks continously.:(

When I was young I rarely caught a cold!:confused:

lol colds bah, we get bird flu now

WE don't get bird flu. Birds have it.
People don't.
But we people get stomach flus, and those are bad, bad, bad while they last (though the weight loss is nice in someone who appreciates that). In our house, some 5 weeks ago only my son had a nasty stomach bug, knocked him out and put him to bed for three days straight and out of school for the entire week.

When you are 1,81m (6') and only weigh 56 kilos (123 pounds), the loss of three precious kilos is A LOT! He is happy and proud to say he has put them back on meanwhile ;). Also something that only occurs to the young, I'm afraid. ;)

i have become a firm believer in vitamin c tablets....one every hour if your sick, or feel a cold coming on...

ginger ale, best remedy for dizziness..and vertigo...

and cover every available body part in mentholatum... may not help, but sure wont hurt.....makes you feel better mentally..

as far as the stomach flu thing... i will fight to keep from throwing up..that is a fate worse than death, and for some unknown reason, i am mad as west h*ll if i throw up... it ticks me off.. i feel like my body is being trecherous...i am ready to throw me overboard and feed the fishes..

i hate that....auugh.....

ohhh I hate the stomach flu, but I practically live with it every day. Anything that can be wrong with my stomach..I have it. Ulcerative Colitis, gastrtis, you name it lol
My husband says that I should just have PVC piping put in to replace my innards LOL. I think I am a 31 yr old in a 80 yr old's body!

aprilraven said:
i have become a firm believer in vitamin c tablets....one every hour if your sick, or feel a cold coming on...

ginger ale, best remedy for dizziness..and vertigo...

and cover every available body part in mentholatum... may not help, but sure wont hurt.....makes you feel better mentally..

as far as the stomach flu thing... i will fight to keep from throwing up..that is a fate worse than death, and for some unknown reason, i am mad as west h*ll if i throw up... it ticks me off.. i feel like my body is being trecherous...i am ready to throw me overboard and feed the fishes..

i hate that....auugh.....

you forgot the Listerine and Epsom Salts ... :er:

thank God I'm powerfull during this winter! no cold, no flu... I hope it will stay like that!

terri said:

haha way to think positivley! I also tell myself that at least on thing maybe positive about me puking my guts out for days at a time!:puke:

n---->:lmao:

I just closed my eyes for a minute and slept for FOUR HOURS!!! (and I got a fairly full night's sleep last night) Haha...and I woke up and still had a tissue gripped in my hand. I think I prefer to this over the stomach flu though. I hope you are feeling back to normal soon. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back