Enjoying the last bit of summer

STiZzle2010

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am a family man but I work quite a bit so I try to cherish the time that I have with my family. My little guy is still taking naps and planning day trips around his schedule can be challenging. Of course the times he is up is not ideal because of the harsh lighting. With this in mind and with only using natural light (no reflectors), I am trying to get better at using the light that is available instead of trying to fight it.

It's been a while since I last posted and since I am always looking to improve, here are a few shots for some critique. I've learned so much from this group and while I'm extremely grateful. I want to continue to get better.

Thank you for looking!

1. Enjoying a walk through some coves in southern Rhode Island.
f/2.8, 1/1250th, ISO 100, 160mm
JMH_0167-Edit by Hebee's Visions, on Flickr

2. Splashing around at Watercountry in New Hampshire.
f/2.8, 1/1250th, ISO 100, 200mm
JMH_0023-Edit by Hebee's Visions, on Flickr

3. My daughter waiting for the bus on her first day of school.
f2.8, 1/200th, ISO 200, 200mm
JMH_0011-Edit by Hebee's Visions, on Flickr

4. My oldest son waiting for the bus on his first day of school.
f2.8, 1/200th, ISO 200, 200mm
JMH_0020-Edit by Hebee's Visions, on Flickr

5. Hiking at Chase Farm with my youngest son.
f/2.8, 1/2000th, ISO 100, 200mm
JMH_0176-Edit by Hebee's Visions, on Flickr

28410504546_bce20bf82a_c.jpg
JMH_0167-Edit[/url] by Hebee's Visions, on Flickr[/IMG]
28410504546_bce20bf82a_c.jpg
JMH_0167-Edit[/url] by Hebee's Visions, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last one wins the prize as a photo. I see he's reaching out to grasp that stalk but it looks like he's marching determinedly through the long grass. The others will be excellent for the family album. I'd say you did pretty well with the available light on all of them.
Re Zahra, I hope you have your shotgun, shovel and 40 acres ready 'cos you're going to need it soon, if you don't already.
Re Jayden, I can see some other fathers looking at him and thinking that it's time to get their shotgun, shovel and 40 acres ready. ;)

Nice. That last one is a winner for sure but I also think you did great with the rest especially 2 & 4

Last one wins the prize as a photo. I see he's reaching out to grasp that stalk but it looks like he's marching determinedly through the long grass. The others will be excellent for the family album. I'd say you did pretty well with the available light on all of them.
Re Zahra, I hope you have your shotgun, shovel and 40 acres ready 'cos you're going to need it soon, if you don't already.
Re Jayden, I can see some other fathers looking at him and thinking that it's time to get their shotgun, shovel and 40 acres ready. ;)

Haha thank you!

Nice. That last one is a winner for sure but I also think you did great with the rest especially 2 & 4

Thank you very much!

Yep, last one for the win. I'm also fond of the first, but I would have recomposed it so he was up or down in the frame and not so centered.

Thank you and now that you mention it, I agree about the composition in my first image. That is an easy fix, thanks.

all lovely photos I think. #2 is soooooooooo cute.

Good set, but that last one is really great. He looks very determined! :)

Thank you everyone!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back