EOS 20D lenses

grovee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I purchased a 20D some time ago and need to know if the newer EOS lenses will fit this body and if so, will the newer lenses have faster shutter speed than the 2 I have?

From what I read in the past EOS 20D should take the EF lens as well as the EF-S lens. I believe it may not be able to take advantage of those newer STM lens, but it should works. Of course I am not 100% sure since I do not own one.

As for shutter speed, it should be the function of the camera, not lens.

From what I read in the past EOS 20D should take the EF lens as well as the EF-S lens. I believe it may not be able to take advantage of those newer STM lens, but it should works. Of course I am not 100% sure since I do not own one.

Thx!

^^ right, I don't what lens you have but the shutter is set by the camera

I had a 20d, as said it accepts EF +EFS lenses. I assume that when you say faster shutter speeds you are referring to the lenses you have being slow or having small aperture (large number).

Lenses with smaller f numbers (larger aperture) allow faster shutter speeds

I had a 20d, as said it accepts EF +EFS lenses. I assume that when you say faster shutter speeds you are referring to the lenses you have being slow or having small aperture (large number).

Lenses with smaller f numbers (larger aperture) allow faster shutter speeds
thx

The 20D is a Canon EOS camera with an APS-C size sensor. It will accept ANY Canon EOS "EF" or "EF-S" lens as well as the specialty lenses like the "TS-E" (tilt-shift) or "MP-E" (specialty macro photo) lenses. You can also use third party lenses as long as they are designed to be compatible with Canon EOS.

The only Canon EOS lenses that it cannot use are the few "EF-M" lenses. The "EF-M" lenses are designed for Canon "mirrorless" bodies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back