What's new

eos 20d or eos 450d??

emwhite66

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 27, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i'm buying a dslr and could use some advice. Money is an issue and to get a decent camera i've decided to buy used. My choices are, as of now, the refurbished canon 450d (xsi) for $480 or the canon 20d in very good condition for $500. I would be putting the same glass on them, the 18-55 is lens. help would be greatly appreciated. These prices are with lenses included.
 
The 20D looks a bit overpriced but it is a good camera the one thing you may swant to think about with the 450D is that it is rather small and you might want to factor in the price of a grip
 
Agree on the price of 20D seems to be overpriced at $500 when 40D is usually around $600 or less used. (body only)

i.e. this one
Canon 40D

If you check around, I had seem some sold at less than $600 before and the stated condition was good.
 
the two prices i'm refering to is including the lenses, i wouldn't be paying the 400+ for just the body
 
What lens is included? You should be able to find 20D's for $300 at the low end, maybe even less in more noticeably used condition. I usually use KEH.com for my price "control group" when looking at craigslist or ebay. BGN rated products are actually in quite good condition; the under rate their gear in favor of the customer.
 
I probably got a bargain, but I recently picked up a 20D in great condition (with no lens) for 165 euros - that's about 240 dollars at the moment.

It's a great camera - compared to the 450D, the 20D has the advantage of a much stronger build quality. It's also a fair bit bigger - I have big hands, and the size of the grip suits me perfectly while on the 450D I can't quite fit my whole hand on there - my little finger dangles off the bottom.
 
I'd go with the 450D over a 20D. It's less of a "pro" camera, but has so many more features I think it's a clear winner.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom