EOS 3000???

bmrust

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rust-media.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently saw a listing on craigslist for a Canon EOS 3000 with 2 lenses for $60. Is there a way to know if the lenses they are offering would work with a Rebel XS? I've seen in the past some lenses work from older film cameras with the newer digitals... but I am wondering if there is a chart or list somewhere that would tell me what types of lenses the 3000 uses... as well as what type the XS can use.

Thanks, and I hope that made sense.

Any lens that works on an EOS camera, will work on the EOS Rebel XS. (with the possible exception of a few older, non-canon, lenses that might need to be 're-chipped'.)
So if the two lenses are made by Canon, they will work for sure. If not made by Canon, they will probably still work, but there is a slight chance they won't.

That's what I had heard... but with the little information given, I'm not sure. I'll probably just e-mail him and ask if I can test them.

From Craigslist:

CANON EOS 3000 AF 35mm BODY , Included 2 lens for CANON EOS Vivitar 70-210 mm & Canon 38-76 mm. Excellent condition.

(that's all the info from the listing)

CANON EOS 3000 AF 35mm BODY , Included 2 lens for CANON EOS Vivitar 70-210 mm & Canon 38-76 mm. Excellent condition.
Thanks for the search string! I just bought the camera and lenses!

:D

LOL, I'm just kidding. :)

Most reactions

Back