EOS 300D - Can't take pics in autofocus mode!

sphinx000514

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
everything was working fine with my eos 300d until last night. while using the kit lens, after about 1 hour of shooting photos at a dance, the camera stopped taking pictures. it would act as if i was trying to take a picture with the lens cap on, and it cant focus because the object is too close - even though it wasnt. If I held down on the shutter release button, the camera would try to focus (it would move the focus ring one way, and then back the other way. then it would stop and just pretend that i was no longer holding down the shutter release button.) one thing that I noticed was odd is that the exposure meter was constantly telling me if the exposure was correct. This was odd because it normally only does that when i have the shutter release button halfway pressed (into the autofocus lock), but it was displaing the exposure meter even when i was not touching the shutter release button. i tried switching the lens to the manual focus mode. i was able to take pictures when manualy focusing. i know that this is a problem with my EOS 300D body, and not the lens, because i switched to my canon 70-300mm IS lens, and I still had the same problem taking pictures in autofocus mode. Has anyone had this same problem? Does anyone know of a solution?
Help would be very much appreciated.
thanks,
Nolan

Most reactions

Back