What's new

Episcopal Church

STM

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 4, 2009
Messages
317
Reaction score
72
Location
Pensacola, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This church's architecture fascinated me for a long time before I finally got around to photographing it. I shot this one saturday morning around 7am when there was no traffic downtown. I stopped my Jeep in the middle of the road and climbed up on top of the roof and set up my Hasselblad on a tripod. That way I did not have to tilt the camera upwards and have to deal with the perspective distortion later. I used my 80mm f/2.8 Planar and T-Max 100 film. If I had to choose only one image, in all of my almost 40 years of picture taking, as my all time favorite, I would have to say this one is it.

Exposure was determined with a spot meter and using Ansel Adams' Zone System.

episcopalchurch.jpg
 
Very nice!! Normally I don't care for strong sunlight, but the angle of the light makes the tops of the curved walls stand out and creates more depth. I'd be tempted to crop out the shrubs so that it would be all building and sky, but then I'm always trying to crop the s*** out of images, my own and those of others, so take it for whatever it might be worth.
 
another beautiful image :)
 
Very nice!! Normally I don't care for strong sunlight, but the angle of the light makes the tops of the curved walls stand out and creates more depth. I'd be tempted to crop out the shrubs so that it would be all building and sky, but then I'm always trying to crop the s*** out of images, my own and those of others, so take it for whatever it might be worth.

I never really thought of that, but it's a good idea. It does make the composition stronger. Of course it means going to a square instead of a rectangular format. All of my backs are A16, though I am toying with getting an A12, I just like having 4 more exposures per 120 roll, as expensive as that stuff is getting!

episcopalchurch2.jpg
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom