Epson Gloss Optimizer...

Sheree

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have an Epson printer R800 which has a Gloss Optimizer cartridge.

I wanted this feature in order to eliminate what I call a "negative" or ghost shadow that appears on gloss pictures when held to the light in a certain way. I'm not professional, but to me, this shadowing (or flat and gloss combo) looks ametuerish. The printed at home kinda look.

My question: Is there a gloss optimizer available in a jar form....a wipe on version...like the old days and the foam wipe we used on Polaroids? This way, folks without gloss optimizer features on their printers, could get the same results.

Thanks,
Sheree

Spray varnish or a frame would do it. The only thing this does is even the reflective quality of the paper surface regardless of tint. It achieves this result by spraying shiny stuff on it.

There's a product called PremierArt Print Shield which does this. It is, however, VERY important for the print to be completely dry before spraying - wait about a day.

To quote a random googled website "Epson has raised the ante twice in a row with their Stylus Photo R800. The gloss optimizer is a great idea: it may eliminate the nagging headache of differential gloss defect on colored inks or bronzing when there are large areas of dark color especially a solid black (on glossy paper with pigmented ink)."

I have absolutely no idea what that means though!!

Rob

Most reactions

Back