What's new

Epson V300 and Negatives

eagleseyeview7

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 3, 2010
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Location
Ogden, Utah
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
does anyone have any experience with the epson v300 photo scanner and negatives? I just impulse bought one and I am wondering if it is any good?
 
I haven't used a v300 myself; I use a v700. From what I've read on other forums and seen posted, the v300 is a very good value. Whether its "any good" depends largely on the use you have for the images and what type of negatives you will be scanning.

Certainly, for anything that will only be displayed electronically (web, digital frame, ...) is as good as you need. Even for high quality printing, it should be quite adequate when scanning color negatives. Some slides and very long tonal range B&W negatives may challenge the v300's ability to retain deep shadow and light highlight detail at the same time but this type of detail is rather invisible on electronic displays. It would show only on very carefully made prints from the best high-end printers.

The EPSON Scan software that comes with the v300 is the same as ships with all of the EPSON scanners, such as my v700. Its very decent software, though I recommend that you explore the "Professional Mode". The other simpler modes have somewhat limited control.
 
I haven't used a v300 myself; I use a v700. From what I've read on other forums and seen posted, the v300 is a very good value. Whether its "any good" depends largely on the use you have for the images and what type of negatives you will be scanning.

Certainly, for anything that will only be displayed electronically (web, digital frame, ...) is as good as you need. Even for high quality printing, it should be quite adequate when scanning color negatives. Some slides and very long tonal range B&W negatives may challenge the v300's ability to retain deep shadow and light highlight detail at the same time but this type of detail is rather invisible on electronic displays. It would show only on very carefully made prints from the best high-end printers.

The EPSON Scan software that comes with the v300 is the same as ships with all of the EPSON scanners, such as my v700. Its very decent software, though I recommend that you explore the "Professional Mode". The other simpler modes have somewhat limited control.

Thank you! yeah, I plan on only scanning and saving it on my computer, I am just starting to develop my own film so I wanted something that could scan negatives for cheap and it looked good and I got a good deal on it, so I just bought it.
I really appreciate the advice!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom