What's new

Equine

Maybe it's my monitor, but it seems too dark. I like the crop, but would like to see some more light.
 
The crop is interesting, and I think it works fine. :) I would like to see a little more detail, though, it's showing up too dark on my monitor, as well.
 
overall comp looks good - but too dark on my monitor as well (I'm sure it's nothing that can't be tweaked in PS). love the bit of lighter coloured mane. cool shot
 
I shall have a go at lightening the image and see what happens.

How is this.....I am not too good at using Photoshop as yet, but if I keep playing I will get there in the end. :sexywink:

 
Interesting composition, in the edited version you've lost the detail in the mane it looks blown. I think because the horses coat and eye are the same colour the eye gets lost so the life is lost also, maybe try this with a different colour horse where the eye could be more prominent maybe?
 
Yes, kind of what I thought about colour. I think I shall try the same shot on my own and my sisters horses. They are both lighter, so should (hopefully) get a better result. :D
 
After clicking on it (I always forget that little deal) I love it. I have barely started photographing horses. I have the same problem of exposure. It is like their coat either super reflects or absorbs the light. If I ever visit them again I will remember to put the meter on spot.
 
I was just thinking "she needs a lighter horse" then I read the comments. That's pretty much why you don't see so many pictures of black horses! FWIW I think you've done as well as possible under the circumstances.

Rob
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom