Erie

midnitejam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Mostly concerned with composition. All comments appreciated.

Have you any ideas why this image
appears way softer on the forum than how it appears in CS3 Bridge?

As always my images are ok to edit. Thanks

large.jpg

Have you any ideas why this image
appears way softer on the forum than how it appears in CS3 Bridge?

When you resize photos to a smaller size, they need sharpening because they are losing fine details. Hit this with an unsharp mask and bring the sharpness back.

Thanks for the suggestions and comments

The comments were helpful, but I'm surpprised that nobody picked up on the "triangular composition".

There's a halo of light around the top of the boy and a little on the water. It looks to me like you did a lot of dodging or burning in ps.

Hi midnitejam,

Just some rambling thoughts....

It looks like you waited for a bird to fly by and then had the boy throw "something"??? But not at the bird of course :)

Good capture.

Did you go there specifically to shoot this or where you taking advantage of your immediate (?) surroundings?

I like the "triangular composition", I suspect no one commented on it because it works.

My first impression of the mood or brightness of the image was of a overcast day on the shore.

That's what it was. If you brightened it up I don't think you would have improved on that moment in time.

Very minor thought, a smaller rock or a bigger stick :lol:

Oh, one more off subject comment, I like the border or if you will, the presentation of the photograph.

Cheers, Don

Hi midnitejam,

Just some rambling thoughts....

It looks like you waited for a bird to fly by and then had the boy throw "something"??? But not at the bird of course :)

Good capture.

Did you go there specifically to shoot this or where you taking advantage of your immediate (?) surroundings?

I like the "triangular composition", I suspect no one commented on it because it works.

My first impression of the mood or brightness of the image was of a overcast day on the shore.

That's what it was. If you brightened it up I don't think you would have improved on that moment in time.

Very minor thought, a smaller rock or a bigger stick :lol:

Oh, one more off subject comment, I like the border or if you will, the presentation of the photograph.

Cheers, Don

Hello Don,
Thanks for your comments. Knowlegable comments such as yours are very very meaningful and helpful. From your comments, I suspect that you are either a pro photographer or an upper-end hobbiest who has a lot of experience.

This is an outcrop of an original capture that was much more expansive. I selected the crop in order to exploit the particular composition.

The "halo" above the little guy is actually reflections rather than edit manipulation. I used a gradient mask to darken the upper 1/3 portion of the sky to add dynamics and reduce the flat-like lighting of an overcast day.

I'm not really satisfied with the detail and sharpness in this image. I've heard that lenses with stabilizers do better with sharpness and focus.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back