Error on my new D70s

ajmall

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photodrew.co.uk
I got it yesterday morning, did a few test shots then photographed a gig in the evening without a single hitch.

I took a couple of photos this evening and after pressing the shutter the mirror opened but didn't close and the camera shut itself off. I had to take out the battery to get it going again. It happened a few times again using the manual (MSAP) modes so I tried using the pre programmed ones and it worked fine. I also tried different lenses but nothing changed. I switched back to manual and it had the error once more but I've now managed to get it working again! sighs*

This error happened a handful of times after using my F80 for 2 years but I'm concerned now having spent a lot of money on the camera and equipment AND buying it from overseas (with a warranty though). Seeing as the same error happened on 2 Nikon cameras that it's a Nikon thing. Anyone else had this happen? I reckon the best thing is to leave it for a few weeks and see if it's a "one off" which I sincerely hope it is!

Oh and is the D70s currently up to date with the latest firmware?

Thanks

I'm new to a DSLR and own a D70 that operates flawlessly. Your situation certainly doesn't sound "normal" because if it was, Nikon would be out of business. If your D70s is under warranty, I would seriously be thinking of having them look at it. It may be a simple fix but something is wrong... My .02 pesos.

I agree. *knock on wood* I haven't had that problem either with my D70 or my N70. I would have them take a look at it. The only time my mirror ever locks up is if I choose the option on the menu....but that's only when I want to clean the sensor.

hmm, well i need it for this weekend as i'm photographing a festival. i may have to resort to using the pre programmed modes which i don't really like using if the error keeps occurring.

damn.. that doesn't sound nice... I'd use my warranty here and check it. Maybe it is nothing serious.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back