Espon Artisan 1430

HeldInTheMoment

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got the Espon Artisan 1430 printer and so far really like it; though, I've noticed that some of the prints turn out much brighter on the print compared to the photo on the screen. I have the Datacolor Spyder 5 Pro which keeps my monitor calibrated and I have the Espon Artisan 1430 Color Profile selected in Lr. Additionally, the reds look more magenta then they should on a print.

Using genuine cartridges, calibrated monitor, and photo paper. Any ideas or advice?

What paper specifically?

Joe

Kodak Glossy Photo Paper
Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper

Both have the same issues with color, so I don't think it's the paper directly.

Kodak Glossy Photo Paper
Kirkland Glossy Photo Paper

Both have the same issues with color, so I don't think it's the paper directly.

It is absolutely the paper and the printer secondarily. gryphonslair99 gave you some links to info about ICC printer profiles. You need them and don't have them. And you're going to have a problem getting them. Given your printer you're basically faced with making your own and that requires an expensive hardware device. If you had a "Pro" model printer you could download canned profiles for the better quality papers like so: ICC Profiles Downloads - Moab by Legion Paper -- I've had mixed results with canned profiles. Basically you need a spectrophotometer. The least expensive one that I know works well is: Amazon.com : X-Rite ColorMunki Photo (CMUNPH) : Digital Camera Accessory Kits : Camera & Photo

In lieu of actually buying one of those you could rent one: LensRentals.com - Rent a ColorMunki

You need a separate ICC profile for each different paper you use. The profiles once made are then unique to each paper/printer combination.

Joe

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back