Eternal night

Michel Brosius

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello,

This statue is called « la Mère », le sculptor is french an his name is Laurent Mathieu-Meusnier, (1850). You can see this statue at « Père Lachaise » a very famous cemetery of Paris.
Thank you for your opinions and comments.

Michel

pl05Fond+flou.JPG

speechless...love the tones, love the composition...welcome to the boards!!

md

that is wonderfull, very deep and professional. I'd say

Thank you very much of your appreciations and your welcome. I discovered this site by chance, I find it very sympathetic. In a friendly way, Michel

MDowdey said:

md

Agreed. I don't think this statue could be photographed better!

Welcome to the forum.

another one that teases me with awesome B&W.

Wow! great shot and subject matter! This guy needs a holga and fast!!!

BTW Michel Welcome to TPF. What are you shooting with?

Hallo, Michel,
I've been to Père Lachaise 20 years ago, but at the time I didn't have an eye for the wonderful statues...

This photo is just brilliant.
How did you get the lighting.
Was it just there like this and you saw it and realised how special it was? Or did you set up something to bring about this light?

I visited Père Lachaise this spring, it's a remarkable place to be at. I didn't have a camera back then, though. :(

The picture is incredibly beautiful, and it truly makes justice to Père Lachaise. Do you have any more shots from the same visit?

Hello to all,

Thank you very much for your welcome and your nice comments. I really owe you some explanations for this image. Forgive my bad English, I sometimes have difficulty in understanding you. :) This image is made with: Camera Olympus Camedia c-200Zoom Lens: Olympus AF zoom 5.4-16.2mm. The day I shoot this photo, the weather was grey, no sun. I worked the image in Photoshop. Conversion B&W, then I worked the tone and the light to give it more force. I cut the image out and added a bottom (a sun slept seen from my window). I adjusted tone and light. I join you the original and another image of the same day worked also in Photoshop.
Amicalement, Michel : :D
www.Pere-Lachaise.com
http://lachaise.gargl.net/index.html

Pl2569.jpg

The good-bye
michel-brosius-02.jpg

Wow.. I had no idea that was 2 photo's put together. EXCELLENT photoshop work, and FANTASTIC composition of the 2!!

Beautiful shot!! I agree with everyone here, there isn't a single thing wrong with it.

Picksure said:
MDowdey said:

md

Agreed. I don't think this statue could be photographed better!

Welcome to the forum.

DITTO DITTO DITTO!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back