even up

mysteryscribe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
retrophotoservice.2ya.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since I am always commenting on your wedding pictures this is one from my last wedding about three months ago. The one that convinced me to come out of retirement. Move to semi retirement status.
4r7dizn.jpg

Before you ask I had nothing to do with that smile. and the dress wasn't quite white most likely she wasn't quite a virgin just kidding. If the dress is pure white she is pure red.

Since I am always commenting on your wedding pictures this is one from my last wedding about three months ago.

My last wedding was 20 years ago and I've sworn off weddings after that.
(If this marriage doesn't work, I'm having myself castrated and becoming a consultant.)

I would have tried dragging the shutter to get more background light or diffused the flash a bit - it's a bit rabbit in the headlights for me.

Oh and maybe a banana in the corner of the frame to add some mystique to the shot...

Agree on the banana, as for the other as a secondary shot maybe but this shot would have come first anyway... When I shoot a wedding I shoot the safe shots. Im shooting film no instant replay for me.

But I do see a lot more of what you are saying now than I did when I was in the business last time. I have been hanging out so much on places like this since I retired, that I must have asked the poor mother of the bride who picked them up a dozen times if she was happy. She must have thought I was trying to score points on her by the time she left.

Hey, I'm no pro, and I suppose at weddings you have to get the safe shots first - especially with film. If you're retiring from retirement, might be worth getting a digital as a backup so once you have the safe shot on film, you can take free shots to your hearts content.

That reminds me, I got to play with a wedding in a couple of weeks.... must source bananas - the ones in the freezer won't make the flight ;)

also good luck on the wedding.... I really plan to do no more than a few a year and only those that are within 60 days of booking. Looking for good ole gals not art critiques. LOL im barely competant to shoot a wedding it seems.

It is, but I need to cook a curry on Saturday to pay for the opportunity (not that it isn't costing me an arm and a leg to fly the family out there already!!)

Also, why are you only doing a few a year? Fill yer boots, you might even be able to get a few using some of your contraption cameras

Just want to do about one a month to keep from going insane.... It will be nice break from bugging everyone here. Hell I should just give them away but then I would be working all the time and I don't want to do that. Just to find some kids who don't have much money and shoot them a good job. Charge enough to pay the expenses and buy a toy for the month.

Next toy is a high resolution scanner. My dedicated was bought just to see if there really was a difference between flat bed and dedicated scanners. There is...

It's Lake Bled in Slovenia, my Sister in law used to work with the bride in a bank, she's half Slovenian half Ghanaian, her groom is Icelandic. Should be a right old mix of people there!

I'm not doing anything official, but they are happy for me to use it as practise and if I enjoy it, I might do one a month as well - providing the shots are good enough :D

I'm currently on the verge of handing in my resignation at work, so I'd need something to do, my wife is looking to develop her career, but currently her earning potential is about 50% of mine, so I'd need to backfill it somehow otherwise we starve.

You could say it's make or break - but the break doesn't have to happen although I don't really care if it does, time for a change!

And the shot? yeah I think it opens it up a bit, if you had more light in the background then it could have been more interesting, but I still think it's an improvement over the first one - but thats my taste.

Jeez - it's half past midnight here, I got to go to bed - work tomorrow!

See, if I didn't have to go to work, I wouldn't have said that! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back