Evening light

Fangman

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
eveninglight-1.jpg

Ely Cathedral from the garden - just before sunset.

Underexposed, the composition seems a little dull (some cropping would help), and it looks like you MAY have missed the focus (not surprising for a shot like this). Try focusing manually to infinity (be sure to determine where that is on your lens- sometimes the marks are wrong)

If anything over exposed - it really was the last of the light and this has been lightened slightly in Lightroom to give a little more detail in the foreground.

This was taken on the 18-200 and not as sharp at infinity as the 70-200 2.8. It was a grab shot as I noticed the light - not on a tripod so may be the result of a little camera shake.

No, I said UNDER exposed.

I'd love to see this sight with my own eyes!
I'll be in your lands from 20 - 27 May. Maybe we could meet up?

Very Lovely Photo setting! I too would love to have the chance to see and photograph such a magnificent spot! The photo does look a little fuzzy to me, probably from a little camera shake. I don't know what your shutter speed setting was. I always try to set my shutter speed to be 1 1/2 times the size of the lens, so my speed would have been no less tan 1/300 th. of a sec.or maybe even a little faster.
When I need to hand hold my 400L I try to keep the shutter speed at 1/800ths. or 1/1,000 th. of a second.

Dick

Dick

I usually keep at 1/300 or less for the 200mm, and did a couple of exposures at that but well under exposed unless iso 800+ so I went for 1/200 and lower iso setting.

Most reactions

Back