Evening sunset

Exquisite

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Don't be afraid to really point out the flaws, I encourage constructive criticism. It's the only way I'll improve.

_MG_4214-Edit_2_resize.jpg
_MG_4214-Edit_2_resize.jpg

_MG_4229_resize.jpg

_MG_4228_resize.jpg

_MG_4224_resize.jpg

If you want this thread to remain in General Critical Analysis, please decide for one photo out of these four to be critiqued in depth. Otherwise I would need to move this thread to the General Gallery, where, by the way, you'll also be told the flaws, if you insist ;) ;) :D.

Let me know if you want all four commented on/critiqued ... that would mean a quick move for the four, or if you want one of them critiqued (hopefully as in depth as this specific forum once was designed for!?!?!?), which could then stay here. K?

OK, General Gallery it is then - upon request :D :D :D!

The first point i knotice in each of them is composition is poor. your horizon is dead center in the pictures. remember your rule of 3rd's. if you dont know what that is google it. also, try some other angles. get low. anyone can stand on a dock at ones eye level and snap a shot. be creative.

i find the lack of colors in the sky boring.

i find the lack of colors in the sky boring.

Ya i've done a little fine tuning in PS and satured the sky to help add some colour. Had I arrived at the park a little sooner I probably could have had some better natural colour.

I'm framilar with the rule of thirds, I'll make sure I keep that into consideration next time.

I appreciate the input guys.

I think you need to check out some really good sunset shots as well as www.photoinf.com for tips on composition.

To avoid the danger of flat and dull looking sunsets the image needs perspective and a feeling of depth and distance. That means clouds in the sky, perhaps the sun in the photo, multiple colours and\or shades, and a foreground that is not too dark with some detail and relevance to the whole image...as in important detail and not clutter.

This is often best accomplished with a graduated neutral density filter as well as being at the right location at the right time since sunsets change very quickly.

skieur

I think you need to check out some really good sunset shots as well as www.photoinf.com for tips on composition.

To avoid the danger of flat and dull looking sunsets the image needs perspective and a feeling of depth and distance. That means clouds in the sky, perhaps the sun in the photo, multiple colours and\or shades, and a foreground that is not too dark with some detail and relevance to the whole image...as in important detail and not clutter.

This is often best accomplished with a graduated neutral density filter as well as being at the right location at the right time since sunsets change very quickly.

skieur

Haven't herd of that site but at quick glance it looks like one to bookmark. I'll take a look at it, thanks.

#4 Is my favorite.

The rest are a tad boring due to lack of color and darkness.

yeah, the colors are bland and its very dark. also i agree you need to play around with your horizons, and straighten them out.

Also make sure the horizon is horizontal...#3 looks a little tilted to the right.

The blasted horizon gets me all the time! Who's decision was it that it has to be horizontal?

Most reactions

Back