Events - Little Info.

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
My local country park hosts a lot of different events each weekend. The park is part of the local council, however i think the events are run by different people.

This weekend there's a Custom Car Club show. They're not usually big events, or even advertised events.. just full of enthusiasts etc. As this would be my first event i'm just looking for opinions if this would be the right way to go about things, etc.

I plan on going about an hour early and getting in touch with the event organiser or whoever is in charge for the day. Basically just to let them know what i want to do, and if it's ok to do so and hand out leaflets also. What i was hoping to do is take photographs of the cars etc, hand out leaflets, post the images on my web site where prints will be available to purchase.

I'm assumimng this would be ok and i wont need any other documentation signed, releases etc.. (not that i'll be photographing any people directly, there may be a few in the background of some).

Does this sound ok? Is there anything else i should be looking out for, or do?

Other events are hosted such as Dog Shows and Horse Riding events.. i'm assuming i'd need release forms for the pets and animals if i were to go about doing this? or would permission from the event organisation be ok?

Sorry if the questions are a bit basic or if i've already answered my own questions but i'd just like some advice. I'll need to go to the library and find some books on the subject.

I would love to hear some responses to this also as I am thinking of doing the same thing. We have events all the time.

Any quick thoughts/ideas? I'm pretty sure if the organisers say it's ok i have no problems at all.. but i'd just like confirmation before i start to print off my leaflets. :)

thanks.

If you've got permission of the property owners, then you're fine to photograph, however the posting the images and offering them for sale may be a dodgy area. A lot will depend on your privacy and copyright laws; you may need a property release, and even if you don't you may get hassled by people who think you do. My advice would be to talk to the owners of each car before you photograph, introduce yourself, explain what you're doing and ask permission.

Good luck!

Thanks. The property owner is the one to see then, i wasn't sure who'd be best to speak to, the property owner or the organisers etc.. I'll give them a call either today or tomorrow just to make sure.

I was thinking about how people may see it if i was to run around shooting all the cars. Asking permission and explaining what i do is a good idea - i dare say most people will be ok with that anyway.

Thanks for that.. just checking in case i was missing out anything obvious or doing something the wrong way.

:)

Most reactions

Back