Ever been yelled at for taking pictures?

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
I had my first experiance with this a few weeks ago, i was talk pictures of this lit up neon sign in front of this theator and 3 security guards walked out of the theator and asked my what i was doing and told me i couldnt take pictures of the building, oh well i still got 5 nice pictures out of it ;)

just curious if anyone else been yelled at for taking pictures

Actually I think they were wrong, but maybe they would be right.

but thing is, im 16, so I can pull the puppy dog eyes and a sad sigh...if im lucky :p or they will think im a "Wufian" and chase me down the street...but neither has ever happend before :)

I pulled over and got out of my car recently to get a shot down a Brooklyn street (in Bed Stuy for New Yorkers), it was sunset. I took one shot and heard from across the street "Get that sh*t out of here!". I didn't get a second picture.

Dave

selmerdave said:
I pulled over and got out of my car recently to get a shot down a Brooklyn street (in Bed Stuy for New Yorkers), it was sunset. I took one shot and heard from across the street "Get that sh*t out of here!". I didn't get a second picture.

Dave

:( ouch!

I was yelled at by a security guard for taking photos of the aftermath of a bank robbery. I got a good shot of her talking into her radio and holding her hand up at me too :)

Ever been yelled at for taking pictures?
Yes, by my wife! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I was not yelled at, but was asked to refrain from taking pictures of a mall that I was covering... private property.

Took some pictures over the shoulder of one of those satellite channel camera men pushed my camera away - then called me a bloody amateur. Had a feeling a fight would start but it didn't come to it :blushing:

selmerdave said:

Dave

Maybe he didn't like your camera!!! :lol:

I've been spoken to in NYC. I was taking an abstract type shot looking up the face of the building...1 NY Plaza if i remember right.....I got 2 shots and a security guard appeared from nowhere and told me to move along.
neither of my shots were particularly good so he probably saved me some card space!!

I almost had my camera confiscated when I was photographing a Federal building in downtown Cleveland. I didn't realize it was a federal buidling. I was walking around just before sunset, following the light play on the tops of buildings, and I walked into the courtyard taking pics and someone yelled, "Hey, stop right there!". A guard came over and started reading me the riot act. He then called his superior, and 3 other guards came over. They told me it was illegal to photograph a federal building while in feredal property. If I had been across the street, it would have been no problem. I showed them the shots, and deleted them in front of them, and they let me go.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back