Ever feel like you start to lose your passion?

flightless_beaker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Maybe its just me coming off the holiday season and feel burnt out. Maybe its the fact that I've worked for almost 3 years straight at my company with no vacation or time off except for my days off. Or maybe its the fact I'm bored at work and have lost my drive. But either way, have any other professionals here feel like they've lost their passion or their drive working professionally? I've always loved photography. Still do. But I've been working as a professional portrait photographer for 4 years now and enjoyed every minute of it. Lately in the last few weeks, I feel like I'm just going through the motions at work and I don't like this feeling considering how much I have enjoyed doing this professionally and working with my clients. Maybe I just need a vacation. Anyone else feel this way before?

I'd say you need some time off; at the very least shoot something different. I'm guessing you've fallen into a formulaic rut and you're not finding any sort of challenge in things any more.

I'd say you need some time off; at the very least shoot something different. I'm guessing you've fallen into a formulaic rut and you're not finding any sort of challenge in things any more.

Yeah. I think you're right. I still go out and shoot landscapes and stuff and still enjoy that. But I've always loved doing portraiture and I do feel like I'm in a rut. Maybe its just my job and stuff. Guess ask for a week off and see how I feel :/

Take a vacation. Also, events like ImgaingUSA always get me pumped up. Take up a new goal. maybe a CPP cert?

Yep, feel this way quite a lot of the time when I'm working, but generally when I'm shooting the same thing over and over. As long as I have a shoot in the future to look forward to I'm ok after a short break.

All the time. The 10th PR/Shake Hands event in a row gets very old but I break it up with taking personal photos or taking more exciting work related photos.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way, lol. I'll talk to my boss when he's in a good mood to see if I can take a vacation. In that week I can increase my product portfolio and apply to ecommerce websites :greendev:

Either that or work on promotional materials to get my portrait business off the ground :cool:

Most reactions

Back