Ever had your camera stolen? Try this.

Too bad the links the article contains are useless.

I dunno. Now they work. Go figure.

Cool, I've never had a camera stolen, but I have sold some dslrs that I'd grown attached to, it will be nice to see what they're up to.

You have to use a file that hasn't been altered since leaving the camera. So that pretty much means its only going to find a pic that is uploaded as a jpeg or unedited RAW then. So if you have a 5D stolen, its a good chance whoever buys it on the black market isn't going to be uploading many straight outta the camera jpegs.

You have to use a file that hasn't been altered since leaving the camera. So that pretty much means its only going to find a pic that is uploaded as a jpeg or unedited RAW then...

That's not strictly true. When editing images, some applications trim the exif to export smaller jpegs, while some just screw it up. However, many applications manage to keep the exif in tact. I simply suggest people use unedited files when possible as that is the most common cause for problems when using the drag and drop feature. I have web crawlers that use exiftool to extract data from web images.

Hope you guys find the site useful.

Disclaimer: I'm the author of stolencamerafinder ;)

-Matt

Most reactions

New Topics

Back