Evergreens in B&W - for C&C

Lazy Photographer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
lazyphotographer.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are two versions of the same shot. #1 is lighter than #2. Not sure which works better. I shot this with my 5 megapixel Panny Lz2 p & s. Any thoughts?

Well I do like the patterns of light, but the light coming through the trees looks blown out. It is also very busy, its hard to say there is a "subject".

I see what you mean. Don't know why I like this photo so much. There's just something about it that speaks to me but I can't say what. Thanks for your thoughts.

I see what you mean. Don't know why I like this photo so much. There's just something about it that speaks to me but I can't say what. Thanks for your thoughts.

I feel you on that one, brotha hahaha. (In other words, I konw how you feel).
Love the first one,

the lighting in the second is what I like to call an "organized insane". Very unique stuff

I like the first one better, but I think the image could have been improved with better composition.
Ideally you would want to have at least one tree with out the top chopped off. I know it is difficult because of the lens, but even so. You could have looked up and up until you cleared one point of the tree, perhaps even on your back or standing further back to catch the trunk and the peak.. But it would have shown the true perspective of those wonderful trees.

Go back and try it again if it is convenient. There is tons of potential there.

Thanks Guys. The trees were pretty darn tall. What I was "trying" to catch was the row of trunks, in an offset manner. I really didn't consider the tops. But like you say, I can always go back. Hopefully they don't chop them down or they don't die of old age before I can afford a D90 and a couple of sweet lenses. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back