Every noob should read this!!!!!

Happy Hour

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok I have heard this a hundred times, but until now I didn't care. Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson. I was in the hospital 4 the past 3 days and read this whole book. B4 I read it I thought I had photography down. Now I really do! A monkey can take a good picture after reading this book!! All I will say is, weather you think you know how to take a pic, or have no clue how to use ISO, Aperture ,Shutter speed, or your light meter this will make anyone who reads it a better Photographer! I think a majority of questions on here end up with someone recommending this book. I have had it for a while now but never had the time to actually read it. Everything I thought i was doing rite I was doing wrong! (at least in some way!) Anyone who owns a camera should have a copy of this book! Anyway, thanks to anyone and everyone who has ever recommended this book! If anything It at least made my stay at the hospital Well worth it!!! I'm already reading it a second time, and picking up even more this time off it!
:hail:ALL BOW TO THE AUTHOR OF A GREAT BOOK:hail:

agreed - haven't made it quite halfway through yet but love, love, love this book!

aha. You're welcome, Happy Hour.
So when do we get some self portraits based on what you learned?

I read the book in two days. Couldn't put it down the first day, and finished the last chapter or two the next day.

aha. You're welcome, Happy Hour.
So when do we get some self portraits based on what you learned?

I read the book in two days. Couldn't put it down the first day, and finished the last chapter or two the next day.
I don't think anyone wants a portrait of me right now. I've got more holes in my stomach than a piece of swiss cheese! It will be a while till I get around to snapping some pics again. I'm just happy 2 be home. and i could not put that book down either! I started reading it at 9 at night and finished at 8 in the morning. I should have been resting, but who could sleep with all that useful info at there fingertips?

Well I can sympathise with you on the hospital thing. I am getting ready or a stay myself and am gathering reading material I mighthave to give that one a second look I will be in for 2 weeks or more.

i just ordered it

Oh. Mind telling us what happened? You don't have to if it's embarrasing. that's sucky.

I too just started reading and have to agree, it's tough to put down. Thanks Happy for suggesting this book.

I just finished it moments ago. ;) Its good...I need to go back over several things

Hope you are feeling better happy

Looks like a good one to pickup. I also just ordered it. Thanks all!

This is a fabulous book! I received my copy on Friday afternoon and read 3/4 of it that same day. I'm down to the last chapter now and I understand everything he says, although I am sure practice is the key to really understanding. I will be ordering his second book next that is supposed to be really great too :)

Most reactions

Back