Every Time I go home I only photograph my parents' dogs

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My dog is far (FAR) too energetic for me to photograph him without him tackling me, so I always take the opportunity to take some pet portraits every time I'm home along with the usual family portraits as well lol.

I know I already posted this pic a few days ago, but this is my dad's Blue Heeler, Sadie. She turned ten this year, and I think she knows it. All she really likes to do is lie around and get her belly rubbed. But she mysteriously gains energy when she thinks we're going for a ride in the car or going hunting, ha.

And this is my mom's Silver Lab, Scout, who is on the opposite side of the age spectrum and isn't even three months old yet. This dog has the most haunting little puppy eyes I've ever seen, and she does not give a single damn about anything. She sleeps while the vacuum is running and apparently does not really see peoples' feet as potentially hazardous pillars of death. Her puppy philosophy is YOLO.

And I thought I'd include this little monkey as well. He's my nephew and every time a camera is pointed at him his first instinct is to funny face it lol.

Last edited:
I really like them. Great shots!

#1 It would have been nice to see the dogs eyes looking at the camera. Focus looks likes its right on the eyes which I like. Looks more like the dogs eye closest to the rug is the primary focus point.

#2 Great colors and I like the sun reflection on the grass. Once again I would have liked to see the dog looking at the camera or at least both eyes looking towards to camera. Looks like the focus is down on the bottom of the frame. My thoughts is the grass looks nice and sharp but the dog is soft. Maybe shoot at a higher Aperture like 3.5-4.5 even higher if need be.

#3 is my favorite looks good. I like the dogs facial expression. Looking closely looks like there are to focus points one in the left lower frame and one on the bridge of his nose. Need to get those eyes in focus more.

#4 is great, lovely color, fun picture!

I am a sucker for pet photos and these are no exception. #3 is my favorite. Scout is so cute!

They left me smiling. Can ya really ask for more? Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

The lighting on the 3 dog shots is fantastic. Great captures.

Scout is awesome. lol. Cool photos.

She's really funny. My mom has three other dogs, a Silky Terrier, a collie, and a Great Dane, and the puppy has latched onto the Great Dane (whose name is Cloē) is just incredibly patient. They're both so alike because Cloē is super chill as well, so it works out. Haha.

Most reactions

Back