hawkeye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The first thing that pops in to mind is "Can I take in my camera?"

Is anyone else on the same boat? It heartbreaking when you to go somewhere new and exciting and when you read the fine print it says "NO CAMERAS ALLOWED". It makes me so angry. I think the reason behind this is because 99% of the average joe is too incompetent to turn their flashes off.

Its a fine example of how one person can ruin it for everyone

Its a fine example of how one person can ruin it for everyone
Isn't it more of an example of how 90% of the people can ruin it for someone more knowledgable? ;)

I had to laugh after I started reading about photography right before my daughter's school Christmas program at all the women there with their little Sony digicams held out at arms length, shooting 300 feet from the stage using a flash, and being able to see all their screens and the fact that every one of them would zoom in past the optical zoom and into the digital zoom range.

I normally have my camera with me. It seems as though whenever I saw, "nah, I won't bring it", I miss something photo worthy. SO now, I always have if not my DSLR, at least the Sony dsc1.

right, but I'm talking about places that wont let you take pictures. Like museums and venues etc.

I've been really bad/good(depending on how you look at it) about this lately. I usually have my slingshot pro with my d40 and lens' in it. When in the car I usually have it sitting on the passenger seat just in case there is something I want to take a picture of. I too take it places I shouldn't/aren't allowed then play dumb if asked about it. I guess it's safe to say that I'm a photo-holic.

yea...i've been taking my cam a lot more places lately. even a couple places i wasn't supposed to. i took it into a museum with the lens cap on... no one said anything but i was stalked by a security guard the whole time.

i've been bringing my camera with me when I go for a drive somewhere around town because I work for the local paper. if something goes down and I'm first on the scene that would be huge for me

I keep a high-end P&S in my briefcase, just in case I see a shot I want. There's several that shoot RAW and allow other control, and many places that go into conniptions when they see an SLR don't care about the little cams.

Three P&S Cameras that are popular for creative photography:

Leica D-Lux 3

Canon G9

Ricoh Caplio GX100

[...] you read the fine print it says "NO CAMERAS ALLOWED". [...]
I wish I could take my camera to work with me (so many great photo opportunities in there)... The sign on the gate doesn't have fine print, it's big, bold letters that you can read from the parking lot: "NO CAMERAS". You're not even allowed to bring a camera phone in there if you're not an employee. I'm allowed to bring my phone in, but I would get fired (and maybe arrested) if I got caught using the camera on it.

I understand the reasons for this though. We're a Government contractor, a lot of the stuff we do is classified.

I used to take a camera with me everywhere I went, but not so much anymore. I've found a few spots on the way home from work that I want to go back to with a camera though.

I wish I could take my camera to work with me (so many great photo opportunities in there)... The sign on the gate doesn't have fine print, it's big, bold letters that you can read from the parking lot: "NO CAMERAS". You're not even allowed to bring a camera phone in there if you're not an employee. I'm allowed to bring my phone in, but I would get fired (and maybe arrested) if I got caught using the camera on it.

I understand the reasons for this though. We're a Government contractor, a lot of the stuff we do is classified.

I used to take a camera with me everywhere I went, but not so much anymore. I've found a few spots on the way home from work that I want to go back to with a camera though.

Do you work in Area 51 :shock: ;)

Do you work in Area 51 :shock: ;)
LOL! No, it's not as glamorous as it sounds. We just have a lot of rules, mostly a list of stuff we're not allowed to do. Same job I've done everywhere else I've worked, we just have a different customer.

I keep two P-Shooters in my brief case at all times (Kodak C743 and a Yashica T3D) and carry my SLR (Usually Canon EF but AE-1 as of late) just about every where not including work....except on Saturday night, I drag it along too. Saturday and Sunday are one long double shift and if I am going to get a shot on Sunday it is gonna happen at work.

It's gotten to the point where I set the camera back down on the table saying "dammit, I have already shot every thing between here and Right Aid" then I get out the door and "sht, I forgot my camera" and run back in and grab it. Kinda defeats the purpose of putting it down to beginwith.....

I keep a high-end P&S in my briefcase, just in case I see a shot I want. There's several that shoot RAW and allow other control, and many places that go into conniptions when they see an SLR don't care about the little cams.

Three P&S Cameras that are popular for creative photography:

Leica D-Lux 3

Canon G9

Ricoh Caplio GX100

Yes, I do the same. I have a little Nikon 5000 in my laptop bag.

I am ordering a Ricoh GRDII next month. I'll post some of the images here somewhere on the fourm and you guys can tell me what you think. It should be a lot of fun to shoot. Street shooting with a big DSLR sucks.:meh:

I also play dumb if no photography is allowed, especially if I have the P&S with me.;)

My better half works for the Pentagon. When I used to meet her on lunch, i got shook down on a couple of occasions because I had a P&S in my case. They do NOT joke around.

In most companies which do R&D cameras are a big NoNo ... it does not have to be for the government ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back