Exchange Building - C&C Appreciated

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here is a picture of the local Exchange Building in Acton, MA USA. It's falling apart because there is another historical building behind it that would have to be torn down to fix this one (apparently). It's a real shame because it is an amazingly cool building.

Anyway, this seemed like a neat shot but I was curious of other's opinions on it... how to make it better, etc. All comments welcome, and please don't pull any punches.

actonexchange.jpg

yeah.... this one's kinda hard to critique... because it really doesn't look that bad..

for me I think it's just too tight.... the lines on the right fall off to quickly and it creates a little tension.... the window on the right being cutoff does the same.. I would try cropping out the window...(you might then have a problem with the line in the middle)

It seems like the kinda a shot you shoot at 18mm and curse yourself for not bringing you wide lens with you..

what is the exif and lens for this?

Oh, hm... interesting. Yeah maybe getting the wider angle on it might be better so I can get the whole of the building... though this was taken with my 28-100, so I certainly could have gone wider than I did.

Exif...

[Image]
Make = NIKON CORPORATION
Model = NIKON D300
[Camera]
Exposure Time = 1/80"
F Number = F6.3
Exposure Program = Manual
ISO Speed Ratings = 2000
Shutter Speed Value = 6.32 TV
Aperture Value = 5.31 AV
Exposure Bias Value = ±0EV
Max Aperture Value = F4
Metering Mode = Pattern
Light Source = unknown
Flash = Off
Focal Length = 95mm
Color Space = sRGB
Exif Image Width = 540
Exif Image Height = 793
Exposure Mode = Manual exposure
White Balance = Auto white balance
Digital Zoom Ratio = 1x
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 142mm
Scene Capture Type = Normal
Gain Control = High gain up
Contrast = Normal
Saturation = Normal
Sharpness = Normal

wow.... 95mm.. i thought it was wider....

like I said... it's a nice shot... I like how you've place the corner in the 1st third....I'm just being nitpicky for the sake of conversation...

If I were try this shot... I'd slap on the 12mm and pretty much stand underneath it to create some drama and stuff more of the building in the frame....

wow.... 95mm.. i thought it was wider....

like I said... it's a nice shot... I like how you've place the corner in the 1st third....I'm just being nitpicky for the sake of conversation...

If I were try this shot... I'd slap on the 12mm and pretty much stand underneath it to create some drama and stuff more of the building in the frame....

No, that's totally cool. I'm into the whole "hmmm... what could we do differently" conversation.

I do have this sigma 10-20mm I've been testing to see if I'm going to buy it, and I drive by this building literally 2x each day, so I'll try to see if I can get another day with the clouds and take another crack at it.

I do like the shot I have, but doesn't mean I can't do more with it.

The REALLY funny thing is that it seems the absolute best angle on this thing is from inside my car through the sunroof... it's like the perfect angle, but I only have 1 full lightcycle (stop light) to get it. :lol:

Most reactions

Back