Exciting weekend

MarcusM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On Sunday morning, my wife's father and my father were in town and we were out working on fixing up our front porch. I was out back and heard this huge crash. I knew right away from the sound that it was a car accident and I ran out to the front to see what happened. I saw the black Galant (pictured) sitting on the front lawn of the apartment building across the street, and it is obviously not driveable with the front wheel sticking out to the side perpendicular to the rest of the car. I then notice the car that the driver hit is sitting somewhat up on the curb and almost in as bad of shape as the Galant.

Not knowing what was going on, I stood there for a minute to see if the driver was going to get out or not. After about a minute, he gets out of the car and one of our neighbors goes to see if he is okay. He seemed to be alright, but was acting very suspicious. He would not talk to anyone, and obviously had other things on his mind than explaining what happened or checking on the car he hit. He opened his hood and went over to it, looking back and forth over his shoulder the whole time. He appeared to take something out of the hood and then ran into the apartment building, while one of the tenants held the front door open for him. By this time there were probably about 10 neighbors/bystanders outside watching the whole thing.

Our neighbor across the street who lives next door to the apartment building called the police, and they arrived about 10 minutes later. The first officer was a female officer and she got out and asked where the driver was. We told her he ran in the apartment building. The person that let him inside was still standing there. The officer asked him if he knew the driver and he responded "I've seen him before but I don't know who the f**k he is. He ran out the back"

The officer then went into the apartment building and looked for the driver. She couldn't find him and came out about 5 minutes later. About 20 minutes after the accident, the driver came back to the scene. By this time there were several officers on the scene. He went up to one of the officers who searched him and placed him in the squad car (no handcuffs). He sat there for about 20 minutes and then they let him go with a ticket. I could not believe they let him go without arresting him and taking him to jail. Reckless driving and leaving the scene of an accident seems to me it should have been enough to take him in. He is lucky and our neighbors are lucky that no one was out on or near the lawn when he plowed through. Not only that, but he knocked out a metal parking sign that flew and hit the fence next door. They have two young girls there that are always out in front and thankfully were not out there at that time.

I was kind of nervous and in a hurry to get the photos given the details of the situation. I didn't want to be a target of retribution if anyone saw me taking photos who didn't want their photo taken, so they may be slightly blurry.

20535-IMG_5295copyadj.jpg

20535-IMG_5296copy.jpg

20535-IMG_5297copyadj.jpg

what an interesting story!

i REALLY want to know what he took from the hood.

Yea...me too! I'm about 99% positive it was his drug stash. He probably drives with them in the hood thinking if he gets pulled over "no one will look there"...who knows. He was very shady though.

Whoa. Thrilling events happening in your life, Marcus! Good presence of mind to get the camera out and capture the story for us so we would get the "illustrated story" :D.

I really think it could use less DOF and the composition is slightly off.

Yea...me too! I'm about 99% positive it was his drug stash. He probably drives with them in the hood thinking if he gets pulled over "no one will look there"...who knows. He was very shady though.
thats kinda odd though, no?

drugs would go bad at that proximity to a hot engine?

lol, its just so interesting to think about!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back