Exclusive Photographer Contract Violation

Quick Update All:

We terminated the contract as the client made yet, ANOTHER, violation letting ANOTHER freelance photographer on the track while promoting their images...too bad.

Thanks Again!

#LearningExperience

Quick Update All:

We terminated the contract as the client made yet, ANOTHER, violation letting ANOTHER freelance photographer on the track while promoting their images...too bad.

Thanks Again!

#LearningExperience

Well, Good news I guess but I have a feeling the wombat is going to be very disappointed. I'll probably have to sick him on a busload of nuns or something just to cheer him up.

Ohhhhh.....the Wombat is still more than welcome! No need for him to be disappointed...

OK, that is touchy and I get it. Been there, done that. Problem is that each contract is unto itself. As a PJ photog I can tell you that if it's out in the open, you can shoot it. Anyone can. Sorry, it just goes that way. Do you have an agent?

OK, that is touchy and I get it. Been there, done that. Problem is that each contract is unto itself. As a PJ photog I can tell you that if it's out in the open, you can shoot it. Anyone can. Sorry, it just goes that way. Do you have an agent?

Of course if it is out in the open any one can shoot it, that wasn't the issue. The issue was track access. We paid 20% commissions to get exclusive photographer rights on the track. Anyone could shoot from the spectator areas, but we all know to get those special shots you need to be on the track.

Most reactions

Back