EXIF Info

brian_f2.8

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This might sound stupid but I am wondering if there is a way I can create a caption template and apply it to all my photos in camera? Would this slow down the fps? I assume it would, kinda like adding active D lighting to all photos - reduces your continuos shots. I only ask this because I have a few marathons coming up and at the end of the day, I hand over my memory card. I do not do anything with post production at all. Id like to have all my exif data in the images.

Normally I would add the caption template in aperture or photo mechanic but I am trying to do this in camera.

Incase I said this wrong not captioning who/what/when/where but my name, date, location etc...

I am using a D3

Technically, it will slow your frame rate down. But it probably isn't physically measureable.... it's a question of how may places to the right of the decimal point.

Active D-Lighting is image processor intensive because of the algorithms it has to run, text isn't.

Are you aware of the D3's Voice Memo option? The date and time is already part of the EXIF data included with every shutter release. A GPS unit would add location.

You also have the Image Comment feature that gives you 36 characters to use.

Handing over your memory cards is not a best business practice, because you are giving up control of your work product.

You can add IPTC information on a template using View NX, Bridge, Lightroom, or similar software.

I know of the voice memo and the ability to add the image comment as well as the gps, not what Im looking for. Unfortunately handing over the memory card is part of the gig. What I am interested in is the ability to input text. Ill look into using View NX to add IPTC info when I shoot. I know how to do it on the computer but I want the info added to each shot on camera.

Based on my experience with/know of the D3 and other Nikon bodies, you can't - "I want the info added to each shot on camera." other than the methods I mentioned.

The IPTC data fields can only be added when the images are upload to a computer, not in the camera.

Not a problem, thanks for your help

Most reactions

New Topics

Back